100 years of Hair and Makeup
In this article we are gonna take a brief dive into 100 years of hair and makeup trends and Which style was the major centre of attraction.
- Women used to use loose powder for a matte finish.
- Thin and smooth brows.
- Red lipstick was in trend with ‘bee-sting pout’
- Finger waves were the regular hairdo.
- Chin length styles, it was a jazz age.
- Pencil flimsy brows.
- Metallic eyeshadows were increasingly cherished.
- Prolonged lips with a ‘bow upper lip’.
- The fairly fixed hairdo was progressively adored.
- Thick arched eyebrows.
- Light color shadows were preferred to match the natural color of the skin tone.
- Cosmetic shortage during WW 2 meant a push for a natural look.
- Red lipsticks were thought to keep up the spirits.
- A style was patriotically named the victory rolls. Included twisting segments of hair up, away from the face, and protecting them with pins to make a cylinder-like impact.
- Silver or light color eyeshadows made their way.
- Winged eyeliner said a statement.
- Red was still the lip color of choice, rounded pouts.
- Very short cropped hairstyles were fashionable in the early 1950s.
- Dark and feathery brows.
- the 60s was all about the eyes.
- Big eye lashes were in trend
- Pink doll-like and nude lips were well known.
- Bigger the hair, the better.
- Women’s liberation had a huge impact.
- A more natural, barely-there look became the basic norm.
- Dark bushy brows.
- Neutral eyeshadows.
- Sunkissed fresh skin
- Hairstyles were inspired by music icons like abba
- The era of experimentation.
- Bright color shadows.
- Hairstyles were equally as out there.
- Crimping and backcombing were hugely popular.
- scrunchies were also there.
- Hugely inspired by pop culture.
- Skinny brows, inspired by celebs.
- Popular eyeshadow colors were blue and lilac.
- Brown lined lips were all over the rage.
- Bands like spice girls inspired funky hairstyles.
- Full covered foundation.
- Glitter and highlights were common.
- Celebs like Paris Hilton inspired new trends.
- Tight end to end eyeliner.
- Hair highlights.
- The quiff or poof was a popular hairstyle.
- Contouring made waves in 2010.
- People were learning new techniques on the internet, like baking.
- Warm smokey eyes were there.
- Big oversized lips were popular.
- Loose beachy waves were the hairstyle.