- Fashion — it can be termed as a style or a particular look which is a reflection of the social, economical, political and environmental environment of any given time or place. Fashion change in the western world is generally considered to have begun in the middle to ages and although it is visible in many different kinds of material goods. It is particularly rapid in apparel.
- Fashion designing — art of application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. It is influenced by cultural and social latitudes, and has varied over time and place. Designers work in a number of ways in designing clothing and accessories. Some work alone or as a part of a deal.
- Style — it is a particular design shape or type of apparel item.
- Fashion — it is the prevailing type of clothing, i.e. favoured by a large segment of public at any given item.
- FAD — particular style which lasts for a short period of time. example, Neon color t-shirts.
- Classic — Particular style which lasts for a longer period of time. example, white formal shirt.
- Apparel — clothing
- Garment — Particular item of apparel. example, skirt.
- Silhouette — shape of clothing style. It is formed by the width and length of the sleeves, neckline, waistline of pants and skirt or a dress. example, A-line silhouette.
- Croquis — rough sketch drawn before the garment construction.
- Fit — it says how tight and loose the garment is on the particular person wearing it.
- Bodice — the area above the waist is called the bodice.
Recommended for you
Design research methods
The most effective technique to use while designing is research. Now there are several different methods of research, which we will learn here, but before that we need to understand what research or design research exactly means. Research is the systematic investigation and structured collection of existing material to help and support our process. Lets