Research process helps you to define your problems, your objectives, your actions, and your results.
Essentially it is finding information in order to solve a problem and this is referred to information literacy.
There are various research model used to create the research plan. some of which are as follows
- Information literacy model
- Task definition - Define problem and what information do we need.
- Information seeking strategies - Determine all the possible sources and then select the best one.
- Location and access - Locate sources and find information.
- Use of information - Use of information or working with your source. READ, GRASP, OBSERVE.
- Synthesis - Organizing and analysis of information.
- Evaluation - Judgement.
- KWHL table
It organizes our initial ideas and information
K- What do we know already?
W -What do we need to find out?
H - How will we learn it?
L - What did we learn from it?
- The research logic model
It is a graphic organizer that helps us plan how and when you engage with your research sources. It involves listing the purpose, actions and outcomes.
- Use as much as possible of the secondary research, it saves time and money. Also can be used for competition analysis. Helps to define and verify details of the project. Its Quick and Inexpensive.
- Cut down on your sample size to reduce time.
- Less people = More subjective
- Use evaluative research.
Using research form design solutions
Good design process begins with defining the problem. A problem half stated is half solved.
Design criteria should be -
- direct how to approach a problem.
- Provide boundaries.
- Act as a benchmark.
Rapid prototyping - Quick form of prototype simple models with basic construction used usually for internal group discussions.